Sunday 15 November 2015

Dear Santa, I’d Like a Jag XE



…to match my Jaguar Driving Shoes!


As the year heads towards Christmas, I know it’s time to start thinking about gifts for our nearest and dearest. I know I saw a post somewhere on social media that told me exactly how many ‘sleeps’ there are until Christmas, but I can’t remember the number, and anyway, it will now be out of date. Have you noticed the obsession with measuring everything in ‘sleeps’ that seems to be everywhere on social media? It seems to me that as a society we think it’s ‘cute’ to pretend we’re all still children. In the hope of what I’m not quite sure!

Anyway, like my children I still enjoy receiving Christmas gifts and I’ve just spotted a driving accessory I’d really rather like to put on my Christmas wish list – so I hope my family read this blog! I would like to ask for a new Jaguar XE Sports Saloon, and maybe Santa will oblige, but if not, then a pair of these new driving shoes from Jaguar and posh London bootmaker  OliverSweeney would be very welcome.

I know that men are considered quite difficult to buy for, so when I saw a newspaper article that said JaguarLand Rover: best foot forward I was intrigued, and even more surprised when I discovered that the car brand was also into luxury driving shoes.

The Oliver Sweeney brand


If you’re fond of men’s shoes, then you’ve probably heard of OliverSweeney. He’s quirky and traditional at the same time and if you have a pair, you’ll be aware that they’re a cut above the average shoe. The British shoemaker is perhaps most famous for his broguesthat hide a small bottle of Scotch in the heels. In this case Sweeney partnered with Johnnie Walker. I think that if my memory serves me well, the whisky brands slogan is “Keep Walking”, so creating a shoe is a great bit of marketing. Plus, they only made 130 pairs, so as you can imagine the ‘rarity’ factor had a huge effect on sales. I also discovered that when you buy a pair of Sweeney shoes you can have them personalized with a Sweeney tattoo and Brad Pitt is just one of the numerous celebrities who wears the fashionable cobbler’s creations.

The Oliver Sweeney Jaguar Collection

 
In this collection, Oliver Sweeny’s head designer has combined Jaguar’s elegant style with Land Rover’s practicality to create a driving shoe that isn’t really just for driving. You can wear them to work or out to dinner.

Jaguar XJ is the blueprint for shoes


Rather than study Jaguar’s historic models to create a retro look, instead the designer chose the Jaguar XJ model as the blueprint for the shoes because, he said, it is “arguably Jaguar’s most progressive design. 
"From the store description you may like to know that the “shoe has a ridged feature behind the heel, whilst the heel itself is contoured at the rear and angled at the front to make driving easier.”

It has a laser-cut insole and a hidden lozenge-shaped expansion panels, based on the original Jaguar logo, to increase movement. As Cooper said in the article I read, 
we could hardly use a technique from the home of Maserati


Oh, and in case you also want your family to buy you a pair - they’re available at Oliver Sweeney stores in the UK and online for overseas customers.
So if you have a bit of extra cash saved in your crypto888 club account, make your way over to one of the Oliver Sweeney online stores and surprise me with a great gift! :) (don't say I didn't mention what I wanted for Christmas in time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment